The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a assessment that is state-required to ascertain college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All first-time college students must take the TSI test before searching for classes unless you’re exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Check the variety of TSI exemptions and score completions to determine when you have already met TSI requirements in a single or more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the requirements for an exemption. You must show proof of exemption. You may possibly bring your evidence of exemption or waiver, if applicable, to any campus Advising Office. Those people who are not exempt/complete is going to step two.
You don’t have to make the TSI Assessment in the event that you:
- Have earned a C or more in a college-level course at an accredited institution. This course must certanly be comparable to an ACC course on the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and now have been determined to possess met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student that is searching for a Level 1 certificate program consequently they are taking courses ONLY in the certificate plan that is award or
- Are serving on active duty as a member associated with the armed forces associated with the united states of america, the Texas National Guard, or as a member of a reserve part of the armed forces associated with United States and now have been serving for at least 36 months preceding enrollment; or
- On or after 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve get more component of the armed forces of the United States august.
- The SAT has been completed by you, ACT, or other approved assessment exam with the minimum score necessary for TSI exemption.
Test Score Exemptions
The following tests can be employed to exempt you against more than one parts of the TSI Assessment. Tests should have been taken inside the previous 5 years.
? Note: Mixing or scores that are combining the SAT administered prior to March 2016 and the SAT administered March 2016 and soon after, just isn’t allowable.
TSI Complete Scores
You have completed Texas Success Initiative requirements for a subject area if you:
- Earn the minimum score listed in the chart below
- Official photo ID
- Know your social security number
- Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate
- Testing fee receipt or fee waiver
Note*: A placement score less than 340 and an ABE Diagnostic amount of at the least 4, and essay score with a minimum of 5.
Request TSI Scores
Complete the ask for TSI Scores if you wish to pull your test scores taken at another HS/college/university.
2. Complete TSI test preparation
You must take the TSI Assessment if you are incomplete in any area(s) and are unable to provide proof of exemption. ? Complete the TSI assessment preparation steps if you want to take all or area of the assessment. The steps provide test preparation instruction and practices resources. You will have to print out the Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate and take it with you on the day of this test.
3. Pay testing fee
If you need to take the assessment, pay your testing fees online. Important: Save the printed receipt as proof you paid.
You can request an TSI Assessment fee waiver from Financial Aid if you are eligible for a Pell Grant.
4. Schedule your test
Review the TSI testing schedule to get the time that is best and location. Contact the testing center at your campus to schedule the test. Drop-in testing is available at some campuses; please call the campus for more information. Seating is certainly not guaranteed.
5. Take your test
Arrive on the day that is scheduled time, and location. Bring the following:
Get lots of rest the before your test night. Allow at least five hours to perform all test sections. A exam that is diagnostic additionally be required, according to your results.